Saturday, November 18, 2017

How To Make Gluten-Free Pumpkin Roll


As I prepare for the holidays, the flavor of cream cheese starts to fill my taste buds. The holidays just aren’t the holidays without it. As far back as I can remember, my mom made either a double layer cream cheese pumpkin pie or, my very favorite, a pumpkin roll filled with yummy cream cheese. I have continued the delicious pumpkin-dessert tradition with my own family.

In 2004, when I began an integrative approach to treating my rheumatoid arthritis (RA), I chose to eliminate gluten from my diet. For 10 years I was hardcore gluten free, which meant eliminating all gluten from holiday meals. So you might imagine the happiness I felt the day my mother gave me the book The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods by Bette Hagman, which included a gluten-free pumpkin roll recipe. It quickly became a family favorite for both Thanksgiving and Christmas and is so delicious that not once has anyone realized it is gluten free.

For the recipe, check out my post at HealthCentral.   

1 comment: